PENTA 721s-DNT is a Dante to Dante converter with built-in Samplerate Converter, MADI and AES, which provides a versatile and flexible solution for signal distribution of Dante audio between two different networks as well as routing via AES/EBU and MADI and optical fibre networks.
It is a compact 1U digital audio interface with a dual set of Dante IP Audio network ports, Pro|Mon and dual power supply, providing routing and selection of sample rate between two separated Dante networks and individual domains. One of the domains has a capacity of 128 Dante channels and 128 audio flows, and the other domain has a capacity of 64 Dante channels and 32 audio flows.
All Dante channels can be routed to and from any of the digital interfaces of the unit. It comes with eight channel AES/EBU input/output channels, MADI and two IP Audio Ethernet in/outs, as well as an optional mini-module slot with dual SFP MADI optical in/out connection.
– Dante interface #1: 128 Channels in and out
– Dante interface #2: 64 Channels in and out
– Total Dante capacity = 192 channels
– Built-in Sample Rate Converter
– Support for AES67 with SAP
– Routing of single channels
– 8 AES/EBU I/O and 1 BNC MADI I/O
– Optional Mini module with 2 MADI I/O via SFP
– Pro|Mon monitor control functionality
– IP audio L3 Ethernet I/O powered by Dante
– TCP/IP control via DADman software, Penta 615 control panels panels or the NTP RCCore control system
– Enables connection between unsynchronized Dante/AES67 networks
– Enables connection between networks with different sample rates
– Stand alone Dante IP audio interface and format converter
– Compact solution with redundant power supply
Penta 721s-DNT includes a 512×512 multiplexer, enabling all Dante audio and digital inputs and outputs to be routed in any combination. This enables the unit to also split signals for advanced signal distribution.
The multiplexer can be used to establish the static connections of the signal inputs and outputs. A 256×32 channel summing mixer is also available as a part of the matrix.
Penta 721s is controlled via one or two Ethernet ports and the operation is done by using the DADman control software application or a Penta 615 Control panel. In larger router systems control can be made via the NTP RCCore Router control application.
IP Audio Powered by Dante
dante_logoThe PENTA 720 IP Audio protocol is based on the robust tried-and-tested Dante™ digital audio networktechnology, and will interoperate with products of other brands that comply with Dante. The Dante IP Audio format provides fast, flexible, andeconomical audio routing via IP and is compatible with NTP PENTA 721 Digital I/O and other Dante devices.
The IP Audio routing provides Low latency, tightly synchronised, transport of uncompressed audio over Gigabit IP Ethernet Layer 3 networks using off the shelf switches, and routers for audio routing via one or more sub-nets. A total of 512 channels can be routed on a 1 Gigabit network, and more if the network capacity is higher.
The combined Penta Universe of audio router and converters is highly modular. The Penta 720 is modular in itself with its eight expansion slots, but you can also mix and match several Penta 720 units and the Penta 721s Series as you see fit, which makes it possible to tailor the system to become the audio backbone for virtually any pro audio application.